Upcoming on March 19th, at Nikkei Place, the Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting from 2 – 4 PM at the JCCA office on the second floor. The GVJCCA’s work has always been important in the Nikkei community and that having a strong directorship is important in order to meet our mandate. Nominations are still being accepted for our Board of Directors for the upcoming term.
The GVJCCA will be seeking individuals who will be able to work within the framework of the Japanese Canadian community and its budgetary confines in maintaining its mandate and its purposes. Its purposes are outlined below:
• developing and maintaining a communication network with multicultural societies in Canada and internationally
• promoting the appreciation and study of the arts and culture of Japanese Canadians through the organization of community and cultural events
• educating the Canadian public about the history and cultural heritage of Japanese Canadians and the preservation of these values
• the education of the citizens of Canada in the various responsibilities expected in Canadian citizenship
• protecting and promoting the rights and freedoms of all individuals without any discriminatory practices
• and publishing a forum in the means of a journal for issues significant to its members, persons with Japanese ancestry and others of interest.
Please join us in working to build a stronger tomorrow for our children and children’s children.
Up on this year’s agenda for the JCCA membership will be the proposed planning of a collaborative effort at the JCCA’s 511 Broadway location in order to renovate and update the building with Tonari Gumi.
Have a great month of March!
Thanks, Ron Nishimura