Hastings Park /PNE Redevelopment Plan Meeting
To Community Members: Please come to a community meeting about the Hastings Park /PNE Redevelopment Plan on Monday, October 18 at 7PM at Tonari Gumi, 511 Broadway. This meeting is to discuss Japanese Canadian historical, cultural and commemorative presentations in Hastings Park and Japanese Canadian community planning input in the Plan.
Some Questions we are asking you to answer:
• What are your thoughts, ideas and recommendations about setting up educational, cultural or commemorative presentations about the wartime detention of Japanese Canadians at Hastings Park?
• What kinds of educational, cultural, commemorative or other displays about Japanese Canadians should be set up?
• Should there be a cultural welcoming gateway or other structure set up at the Momiji Garden area?
• What should it look like?
• Should there be an interpretive centre set up at the Hastings Park Livestock Barns about the 1942 detention of Japanese Canadians? Descriptions of an interpretive centre include:
interpretation centres use different means of communication to enhance the understanding of heritage;
interpretive centre presentations are usually user-friendly and interactive, and often use scenographic exhibitions and multimedia programs;
We welcome any other comments on this matter.
How to provide your feedback:
Send it to The Bulletin, c/o the Greater Vancouver
Japanese Canadian Citizens Association
200 – 6688 Southoaks Crescent
Burnaby, BC V5E 4M7, or
Email it to the GVJCCA—firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend the October 18 community meeting at Tonari Gumi.