Community Meeting – BC Redress
About Japanese Canadian BC Redress
Sunday, November 17, 2019, 1pm – 3pm
Sakura Room at Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre
6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, BC
All community members at invited to an information meeting on November 17, 2019 to learn more about Japanese Canadian Redress from BC.
Here is some important information
• The NAJC Community Consultation Report was handed to the Province of BC at the beginning of November. This report summarized key feedback given to the NAJC by community members during June, July and August, 2019. It includes feedback from community meetings, virtual meetings and through email and written submissions.
• People answered the question:
What should the Government of British Columbia do to redress its history of racial discrimination and unjust actions that devastated the Japanese Canadian community?
• NAJC community consultation meetings took place in Steveston, Vancouver, Burnaby, Kamloops, Vernon, Kelowna, New Denver, Nanaimo and Victoria. Meetings also took place outside BC in Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa.
• This is your opportunity to get the latest information, ask questions and have a discussion about BC Redress for Japanese Canadians. You will receive summary information on the NAJC Community Consultation Report given to the BC government. Copies of the Report will be on hand too.
• You will find out about next steps in our BC Redress project.
Please come to this meeting.
Thanks and see you then. This meeting is sponsored by the Greater Vancouver JCCA.