The Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association (GVJCCA) is a non-profit organization representing the Japanese Canadian community in Vancouver and the surrounding area.
The GVJCCA’s mandate includes:
• developing and maintaining a communication network with multicultural societies in Canada and internationally
• promoting the appreciation and study of the arts and culture of Japanese Canadians through the organization of community and cultural events
• educating the Canadian public about the history and cultural heritage of Japanese Canadians and the preservation of these values
• the education of the citizens of Canada in the various responsibilities expected in Canadian citizenship
• protecting and promoting the rights and freedoms of all individuals without any discriminatory practices
• and publishing a forum in the means of a journal for issues significant to its members, persons with Japanese ancestry and others of interest.
Please join us in working to build a stronger tomorrow for our children and our children’s children.
Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association
#200-6688 Southoaks Crescent
Burnaby, BC V5E 4M7
Phone: (604) 777-5222
Fax: (604) 777-5223
President – Derek Iwanaka
GVJCCA Executive Directors (As of July, 2014)
President: Derek Iwanaka
Past President: Gary Matson
Treasurer: Jack Matsushita
Vice President: Kathy Shimizu
Vice President: April Shimizu
Secretary: Chika Buston
GVJCCA Board of Directors (As of July 2014):
Lorene Oikawa (Human Rights Committee Representative)
Subscription to the Bulletin/Geppo is free with a yearly membership to the JCCA
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Yearly Membership: $40, Seniors $30 (in Canada only)
U.S. Membership: $50 and Overseas: $75
All donations will be acknowledged in the following issue of The Bulletin.
John Endo Greenaway
Kazuho Yamamoto and Kaori Kasai
Michael Tora Speier