JCCA Annual General Meeting & Special Resolution
JAPANESE-CANADIAN CITIZENS’ ASSOCIATION OF GREATER VANCOUVER
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
TO THE MEMBERS:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual general meeting (the “Meeting”) of the JAPANESE-CANADIAN CITIZENS’ ASSOCIATION OF GREATER VANCOUVER (hereinafter called the “JCCA”) will be held at 200-6688 Southoaks Crescent, Burnaby, British Columbia, on March 14, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time), for the following purposes:
1. to receive and consider the unaudited financial statements of the JCCA for the fiscal year ended December 2014;
2. to elect Directors to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the JCCA;
3. to consider, and if thought fit, to pass a special resolution ratifying and approving the change of name of the Japanese-Canadian Citizens’ Association of Greater Vancouver to the “Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association”, as more particularly set out in the attached Schedule A to this Notice; and
4. to transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting and any adjournment(s) thereof.
DATED at Burnaby British Columbia this 26th day of February, 2015
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Per: Derek Iwanaka, President
JAPANESE-CANADIAN CITIZENS’ ASSOCIATION OF GREATER VANCOUVER (the “Society”)
RESOLUTIONS OF THE SOCIETY DATED THE 14TH DAY OF MARCH, 2015 PASSED AS SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE SOCIETY ACT OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
APPROVAL OF CHANGE OF NAME
WHEREAS it is deemed to be in the best interests of the Society to change its name from the Japanese-Canadian Citizens’ Association of Greater Vancouver to the Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association.
BE IT RESOLVED, AS SPECIAL RESOLUTIONS, that:
1. The name of the Society be changed from the Japanese-Canadian Citizens’ Association of Greater Vancouver to the Greater Vancouver Japanese Canadian Citizens’ Association;
2. Pursuant to Section 20 of the British Columbia Society Act (the “Act”), the change of name shall not take effect until this resolution has been filed and effected with the Registrar of Companies;
3. Any one or more of the directors or officers of the Society, or Davis LLP as agent for the Society, be authorized and directed for and on behalf of and in the name of the Society to execute and deliver the Form 10 Copy of Resolution and to file the Form 10 Copy of Resolution with the Registrar of Companies; and
4. Any one or more of the directors or officers of the Society be authorized to perform all such acts, deeds and things and execute, under the seal of the Society or otherwise, all such documents and other writings as may be required to give effect to the true intent of this resolution.